Chocolate Brownies with Dates and Walnut Wine
By Bee , blog BeeApproved
- 14 oz dates
- pitted and chopped
- 1 cup walnut wine (or red port)
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- scant 1 cup superfine sugar
- scant 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 3 eggs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat Oven to 350 ° F
Cook dates with walnut wine (or Port otherwise) until complete evaporation.
Meanwhile, melt chocolate with butter.
Add the cooked dates and remaining ingredients.
Pour into a 8 inch square pan (buttered and floured) Bake 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave another 10 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!