The best Hungarian dessert recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this super simple one-serving lemon cheesecake to satisfy your dessert cravings!
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 lemons
- Ginger cookies (such as Speculoos) or graham crackers
- Place cream cheese (e.g. Philadelphia) in a mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Beat ingredients together.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice of one half into the mixture.
- Mix well.
- Cut the top and bottom off of a lemon and hollow.
- Fill the hollowed-out lemon with the whipped mixture.
- Crush ginger cookies and sprinkle the crumbles on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Hungarian dessert recipes
Hungarian Kalachki. Discover our recipe
- 1 dry yeast added to 1/4 cups warm water
- 3/4 cup milk
- let cool
- 5 cups of flour
- 1 pound of Crisco or Spry (equal to 2 cups)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Nutella Red Velvet Cookies: An Ooey, Gooey Dream Dessert!
A simple recipe for cookies that are almost as beautiful as they are DELICIOUS! They disappeared in seconds on our lunch break...
Hungarian Crescent Cookies
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- Cake/pastry filling (I use Solo brand; I have also used jam or marmalade but they are thinner and tend to run out of the cookie during baking).
- Powdered sugar