The best Hungarian chicken recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Smashed "Jackson Pollock" Potatoes
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.
Top rated Hungarian chicken recipes
Chicken Paprikash (Paprikas Csirke)
Hungarian chicken in a creamy paprika sauce
- 3.5-4.5 pounds chicken parts
- 2 Tbsp butter or shortening
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 cup sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1.5 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
Hungarian Chicken and DumplingsRecipewe ♡
This is a very hearty meal that will quickly fill you up
- 1 chicken carcass for broth
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery minced
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 10 cups water
- pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 c. flour
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- small amount of cooled broth
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!