- Flour, Ground Ginger, Cinnamon, Eggs, Peanut Butter, Plain Yogurt, Strawberries
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix 1 1/2 cups of flour with 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger and mix well. Add more flour and no water whatsoever to create your cookie dough
Bake on a lightly greased baking pan for 15-20 minutes
Remove from the oven and allow your cookies to cool for 5 minutes
Create your cookie icing with 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 5 pureed strawberries and green food coloring
Ice your heart shaped cookies
You'll also love
- Cotton Candy Cones 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Green Heart Beats 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Turning store cookies into home... 4.6/5 (4 Votes)
- Fudge Cupcakes with Peanut Butter... 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- WHOLE WHEAT & FLAX BREAD for... 4/5 (114 Votes)
- Strawberry goo 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Strawberry-Blueberry Pancakes 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.