Pecan tart recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Pecan tart recipes
PREHEAT oven to 375°F (190°C)
- 1 Package (12 shells) Frozen Tart Shells
- 2 Eggs .
- 1 cup (125 mL) Sugar .
- 1 cup (125 mL) Corn syrup .
- (60 mL) Cold strong coffee .
- (1 mL) Salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Pure vanilla extract
- (175 mL) Chopped, toasted pecans
Mini Pecan Phyllo Tarts
By nickelet11, Smarte A La Carte
Just look how cute these are!!! Perfect for entertaining a crowd
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (I actually used walnuts, as I didn't have pecans on hand-either will work!)
- 15 Mini Phyllo Shells**
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!