- 1 Package (12 shells) Frozen Tart Shells
- 2 Eggs .
- 1 cup (125 mL) Sugar .
- 1 cup (125 mL) Corn syrup .
- (60 mL) Cold strong coffee .
- (1 mL) Salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Pure vanilla extract
- (175 mL) Chopped, toasted pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
PREHEAT oven to 375°F (190°C).
PLACE tart shells on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
BEAT eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in sugar, corn syrup, coffee, salt and vanilla.
REMOVE partially baked tart shells from oven. Equally divide pecans among the tart shells and spoon egg mixture evenly over top.
RETURN to oven and bake 16 to 20 minutes or until the center is set and the crust is golden brown. Cool before serving
You'll also love
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Turning store cookies into home... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Awesomest Pumpkin Pie Ever 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Chocolate Brownies with Nuts 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Decadent Apple Pie Bites 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Strawberry Tarts 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Mixed Broccoli Salad with Grapes... 4.6/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe