54 Casseroles To Make Back-To-School A Breeze
Back-to-school time means packed schedules and a bit more stress when it comes to getting dinner on the table. Make things easier for yourself with these 54 easy-to-prepare casseroles!
© The Pioneer Woman
Eggs Florentine Casserole
This eggs florentine casserole is everything great about breakfast all condensed into one delicious dish: eggs, breakfast meat, cheese... plus some spinach for good measure!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!