By Maggie Sian
Creamy country gravy with mild sausage
- 1 lb of mild sausage fresher the better
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cups of flour
- 3 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In a 4 quart saute pan over medium heat lightly fry sausage butter salt and pepper until sausage is browned. DO NOT DRAIN FAT
Stir flour into sausage mixture cook over medium heat for 2 minute stirring
Slowly add milk while stirring bring it to a medium bubble.
Turn heat down to low medium.
Let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Serve over scrambled eggs or fried potatoes or biscuits.
You'll also love
- Macaroni Schotel 3.8/5 (73 Votes)
- Potato Dumpling 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Streusel Muffin Topping 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage, Pepper and Onion... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Fluffy Flapjacks 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Ham Glaze 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?