Great with sauces and baked meat.
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 egg
- 4 tbs semolina flour
- 12 tbs all purpose flour
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
You need to prepare boiled potatoes in the skin for yourself night before or the morning and have them cool in the fridge.
Peel the potatoes and shred them fine. Add semolina flour, egg and all purpose flour until dough light but no longer moist.
Shape them into small balls or long tubes if you prefer slices. Cook dumplings in boiling water for exactly 20 min.
You can also cook them in food foil but that is not necessary.
Take out after 20 min, let stand for 2 minutes, take off all the wrappings, let stand another 3 min.
Cut up with knife cooled with cold water to get clean cut.
Serve with baked duck and sauted red cabbage.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!