Mom's Armenian Rice
A classic side dish to complement any meal.
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup angel hair pasta
- 2 cups chicken stalk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large pot, melt the butter, add the noodles and fry on low until golden brown (almost burnt but not quite!)
Add the rice and keep frying until almost transparent. Stay next to the pot and keep stirring so that it doesn't burn.
Add the chicken stock. It will bubble and evaporate very quickly. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, turn the heat all the way down and cook for 15-20 minutes. Do not remove the lid!
When the cooking time is over, take the pot off of the heat and leave it, still covered, to steam for another 5-10 minutes.
Mix the rice to fluff it up, then season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
This rice also freezes well once completely cooled.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Broccoli, Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (213 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (166 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (64 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.5/5 (161 Votes)
- Armenian Rice 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This multi-colored Rainbow Shrimp Pasta is utterly delicious, and sure to impress when you serve it up!
- 2 oz red spaghetti
- 2 oz green spaghetti
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Boil the red and green spaghetti separately in salted water until al dente.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese, and stir through until combined.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in an alternating pattern on a plate.
- Top with the creamy shrimp sauce
- Garnish, and serve!