Mom's Armenian Rice
A classic side dish to complement any meal.
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup angel hair pasta
- 2 cups chicken stalk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large pot, melt the butter, add the noodles and fry on low until golden brown (almost burnt but not quite!)
Add the rice and keep frying until almost transparent. Stay next to the pot and keep stirring so that it doesn't burn.
Add the chicken stock. It will bubble and evaporate very quickly. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, turn the heat all the way down and cook for 15-20 minutes. Do not remove the lid!
When the cooking time is over, take the pot off of the heat and leave it, still covered, to steam for another 5-10 minutes.
Mix the rice to fluff it up, then season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
This rice also freezes well once completely cooled.
You'll also love
- Armenian Rice 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Snake gourd Raitha 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Rice Soup 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- B&E's Mexican Rice 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato and Artichoke Tart 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Situ's Bathroom Mac and Cheese 4.3/5 (69 Votes)
- Armenian Potato Salad 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?