Banana Torte. Discover our recipe.
- 24 crushed graham wafers
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8-10 ripe bananas
- 500 ml whipping cream
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix graham wafers and melted butter. Press into the base of a 9x14x2" pan to form the crust, then refrigerate.
Cream 1/2 cup butter, icing sugar, eggs and vanilla in a mixer until it resembles a frosting-like texture. Spread over graham cracker base and keep in the fridge until it sets.
Slice bananas and layer on top of custard.
Beat whipping cream and sweeten; add vanilla if desired. Spread (or pipe in rosettes) on top of bananas, and chill at least 4 hours.
Try garnishing each slice with extra banana slices (fresh or carmelized), toasted coconut, or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!