A classic twist on Sheppard's Pie.
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 can of peaches and cream corn
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 tbl. spoon margarine/butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Seasoning salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Peel and cut potatoes into chunks in order to speed up cooking time. Boil potatoes until fully cooked, then mash until smooth with some small chunks. Mix in 1 tbl. spoon margarine/butter.
While potatoes are boiling, brown ground beef in a pan. Once beef is almost fully brown, add in 1 cup water and stir in 1 pack taco seasoning.
Cook corn as per instructions on can.
Pre-heat over to 450'F. In a large casserole dish, add one layer of potatoes on the bottom. Sprinkle on 1 cup of shredded cheese on top of potatoes.
Add in beef on top of the potatoes.
Layer corn on top of beef.
Add remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese on top of beef.
Finally, top off the pie with the remaining potatoes.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning and seasoning salt on top of potatoes.
Once preheated, place dish in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until potatoes become golden brown on top.
Enjoy this dish with Ranch dressing!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!