- • 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce
- • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 2 1/4 cups cold milk
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- • 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Bake the pie shell according to package directions in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate; let cooL
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
Gradually stir in milk '. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat
and stir in vanilla. pour into pie crust and chill 1 hour.
In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, combine heavy cream and confectioners' sugar and beat
until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over pie, cover loosely, and chill 8 hours or overnight before serving
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!