Bourbon Sugar Coffee Cake
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease one 10 inch bundt pan. Cream 1 1/2 cups sugar together with eggs until well blended. Add sour cream and butter or margarine and beat well. Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder and mix well. Stir in vanilla and the chopped nuts.
Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of white sugar with the cinnamon. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle generously with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Cover with remaining cake batter. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 40 minutes.
For the topping, mix 2 TBS milk with 1 cup confectioner's sugar and 1 TBS Bourbon Vanilla Extract. Spoon over cake.
You'll also love
- Marble upside down cake 3.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Funnel Cake 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Delicious cake with curd custard 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Pecan Pumpkin Roll 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pecan Bake 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Bourbon Smoked Salt and Pepper... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- The ultimate best Baked Chicken 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!