Pecan Pumpkin Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 and beat eggs for 5 min until fluffly.
Add sugar, spices, flour, and pumpkin. Mix well
Pour mixture into a greased jelly roll pan, cover the top with pecans and bake for 15 min
Meanwhile mix all the ingredients for the icing
Remove from oven place on large floured dish towel and place in refrigerator for 30 min to cool.
After it has cooled unroll and spread icing on the inside
Re-roll without the towel and place on serving dish sprinkle with powdered sugar for garnish
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt Sundae 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Grandma Barbie's Gingerbread... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Hot Dog Stocking Appetizer 2.7/5 (96 Votes)
- Amy (mom)'s sweet potato supreme 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- pumpkin seeds 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Light and Fluffy vanilla icing 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.