The perfect icing for the drunken cupcakes!
- 3 cups Icing sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 3-4 tbsp Heavy cream
- 2-3 tbsp Alcohol
- Garnish: Dried cherries, almonds, pistachios etc
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
In bowl of mixer, whisk icing sugar and melted butter.
Gradually add 3 tbsp of cream, and alcohol.
If needed, add more cream till desired consistency is reached.
Ice the cupcakes, and garnish as desired.
You'll also love
- Oat Biscuits 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Safe Cookies 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- drunk bears 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon Cake Pie 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes 3.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Black Bottoms 3.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Pistachio Cake 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Basic Buttercream Icing 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe