A simple funnel cake without milk.
- *1 1/4 cups water
- *1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- *4 tablespoons sugar
- *A pinch of salt
- *1 cup flour
- *3 large eggs
- *Vegetable oil (for frying)
- *Powdered sugar (for topping
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Take one cup of water, set the other 1/4 cup aside. Mix 1 cup water with full amount of regular sugar, salt, and butter. In a small sauce pan, bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and add flour. Mix until a dough ball forms. Set aside for a moment.
Heat oil in a frying pan or large pot. You should have enough oil to cover the desired thickness of the funnel cake.
While that's heating, add eggs and remain 1/4 cup water to the dough. Mix well. Transfer to a ziploc bag and cut very small corner off.
Squeeze dough out into the hot oil, aim for circular patterns and make sure all dough connects. You'll need to do this fast for best results.
Cook until the edges are golden brown, flip, and cook the other side until golden brown.
You can add a bit more water if needed if it's difficult to squeeze out of the ziploc bag, you can also add a couple tablespoons of milk for more flavor.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!