Sugar Cream Pie
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 1/2c flour
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1c boiling water
- 1 1/2c heavy cream
- 1 1/2t vanilla
- cinnamon or nutmeg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 425*.
Mix flour and sugar. Add melted butter. Add boiling water.
Stir over low heat until it thickens and coats a spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
Stir in cream and vanilla. Pour into pie crust and sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg.
Bake at 425* for 10 minutes.
Then at 325* for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!