- 1 Beef Boneless Rib Eye Steak (about 1 – ½ pounds)
- - 1 Cup Dry red wine
- - 1/3 cup Beef broth
- - ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- - 3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed and diced
- - 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- - 3 Thyme leaves
- - 1 Sage leaves
- - Black Pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
In a large container, mix all ingredients together except the pepper and steak. Set the meat on a plate, and use a knife to make small jabs into it. Sprinkle lightly with pepper, and then put into the marinade. Cover and chill for 24 hours.
Remove steak from marinade, and discard the rest of the marinade. Set the oven to broil, and cook steak for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired doneness. Make sure to turn only once. Next, remove the steak from the oven and sear it in a grill pan over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes on each side. Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes after cooking in order for the juices to settle. Cut with the grain, and eat as is or in your favorite fajita or salad recipe.
You'll also love
- Spicy Cajun BBQ Chicken 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Spinach, Red Pepper and Feta Quiche 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Crescent Roll Chicken And Cheese... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Goulash(Casserole) 4/5 (42 Votes)
- Roast Beef 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Roast Beef 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Steak- Fusion 4/5 (29 Votes)
- SWISS STEAK 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe