Hot dog with zucchini
- 4 medium zucchini
- 4 hot dogs or sausages
- grated cheese
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Cut the ends off zucchini and into 2 pieces lengthwise.
- Remove seeds.
- Steam for 8 minutes with salt
Place half of zucchini in a baking dish. Add mustard, then a hotdog. Put on the second half of the zucchini and top with grated cheese.
Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!