Hobson Crumble Cake
This is a family recipe passed down from my Grandma to her daughter, then to me, and now to my daughter. It also comes from my Great-Grandma Rose. It is a delicious spice cake that is a family favorite.
- 2 C. brown sugar
- 2 C. flour
- 2 T. Crisco
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I never use salt)
- 1 scant tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. soda.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 C. sour milk (I just put a little vinegar in my cup of milk to sour it).
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Mix 2 C. brown sugar, 2 C. flour, 2 T. Crisco until it's crumble like pie crust. Reserve 2 T. for topping. To the remaining mixture, add 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. cloves, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. salt (I never use salt), 1 scant tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. soda. Add 1 beaten egg and 1 C. sour milk (I just put a little vinegar in my cup of milk to sour it). Mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9 baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. (depending on your oven.)
You'll also love
- Cake "Tiger skin" 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Cornflake Cookies 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Oreo Cookie Cake 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate Crusted Lemon Meringue... 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Cake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Quick fruit cobbler 2.3/5 (1 Votes)
- Hobson Crumble Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Your Favorite Chocolate Chip... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!