7 ways to do dessert on the grill
Fruit foil packs
For a gourmet dessert, try fruit wrapped in foil with this roasted apple recipe with caramel and dates. Peel the apples and hollow them out in the center without making a hole. Mix together chopped dates with ground roasted pecans. Stuff the apples with the mixture. Add 1 tablespoon honey to the middle. Wrap the apples in two layers of aluminum foil. Close them up tightly so that no air can escape. Place the foil packs on the grill over low heat or directly onto the coals. Let cook for 20 to 30 minutes. Enjoy!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!