Shrimp and Sausage Skewers
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 5 teaspoons Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 4 teaspoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 12 uncooked extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 1-inch-long pieces andouille or other fully cooked smoked sausage
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 2-layer sections of red onion wedges
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Bourbon Barrel Grilling Wood
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Whisk oil, garlic, thyme, Bourbon Smoked Paprika, Sherry wine vinegar, Bourbon Smoked Salt, Bourbon Smoked Black Pepper, and crushed red pepper in medium bowl to blend for glaze. Transfer half of glaze to small bowl and reserve for serving.
Alternately thread shrimp, sausage pieces, cherry tomatoes, and sections of onion wedges on each of 6 long metal skewers. Arrange skewers on large rimmed baking sheet.
Cover and chill skewers and bowls of glaze separately.
Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare grilling wood. Brush skewers on both sides with glaze from 1 bowl. Grill until shrimp are opaque in center, turning and brushing occasionally with more glaze, 6 to 8 minutes.
Arrange skewers on platter. Serve with remaining bowl of glaze.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Crêpes 3.1/5 (261 Votes)
- Pure Cane Sorghum and Pecan Butter 3.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Breakfast casserole 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Pancakes stuffed with sausage and... 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta 2.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Dad's shrimp 3/5 (18 Votes)
- Sloppy joe grilled cheese 2.6/5 (352 Votes)
- Sorghum Fried Cornbread 2.8/5 (196 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Shrimp (already cooked)
Slice pepper and place slices in the toaster
Mix Tzatzíki and shrimp
Spread the mix onto the toasted pepper