Patriotic Berry Flag Cake
Here is a cake recipe that's fat free, using angel food cake, when I was a little girl my mother used to make this cake and add a special touch..sparklers! It's supercute for the fourth enjoy!
Here's a fat-free PATRIOTIC cake recipe!
- 2 pt. strawberries
- 1 pkg. (13.6 oz.) prepared fat-free pound cake, cut into 12 slices
- 1-1/3 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, thawed
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
SLICE 1 cup of the strawberries; set aside. Halve remaining strawberries; set aside.
LINE bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish with cake slices. Top with sliced strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries. Spread whipped topping evenly over berries.
PLACE strawberry halves and remaining 1/3 cup blueberries on whipped topping to create a flag design. Refrigerate until ready to serve.enjoy!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!