Easy Stove-top Pizza
Stovetop pizza isn't on par with the oven-baked kind, but it's an acceptable, satisfying option for those times you want pizza without turning the oven on (or don't have one at all). Here's a recipe for pepperoni, mushroom and bell pepper pizza, made both ways.
For born and bred Italians, making pizza with anything other than an oven might seem like sacrilege. But that didn't stop our curious taste buds from trying.
- 2-4 cups flour*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup store-bought tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil, for brushing
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Adapted from gourmandize.com
For the dough:
1. Pour water, honey, olive oil, instant yeast and salt in stand mixer bowl.
2. Combine the ingredients using the dough hook attachment, adding the flour gradually as you go.
3. Keep adding flour until the dough softens and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Touch the dough to check for doneness. It should be soft and not completely sticking to your fingers.
5. Knead the pizza dough for about 3 more minutes.
6. Cover the bowl, and let rest for 10 minutes.
7. Heat a 12-inch skillet over high heat, adding just enough vegetable oil to coat it.
8. Place your pizza dough in the heated skillet, making sure to avoid folds and bunching. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Turn your stove top down to medium heat and flip your dough over to the other side. 4. Top your dough with tomato sauce, cheese and toppings, leaving a border of about 3/4 of an inch. Add a few drops of water, cover the skillet, and cook for about 3 minutes.
10. Your pizza is ready when the bottom of the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
*You can sub store-bought pizza dough if you prefer, but this recipe is so easy and only needs 10 minutes of resting time before it's ready to roll. The amount of flour needed will vary. Use what you need until the dough is no longer sticky to the touch but still soft and malleable. Just don't go overboard.
We recommend briefly sauteing the toppings (besides the cheese & tomato sauce) beforehand. It should only add about 5 extra minutes.
Feel free to swap out any toppings for whatever you have on hand. For a vegetarian version, omit the pepperoni.
You'll also love
- GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH (for the... 4/5 (109 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pizza Dough in Bread machine 3.9/5 (120 Votes)
- Menezes Super Supreme Pizza 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe