Top 10 Mistakes that will Ruin A Homemade Pizza
Homemade pizza done right can outshine any chic Neapolitan pizzeria in your town. Stop making these 10 mistakes, and you can say goodbye to frozen pizzas, delivery, and takeout!
© Gourmandize / Stephanie Holmes
Everyone loves a homemade pizza!
What could be more satisfying than turning out a cheesy, delicious homemade pizza? Starting with the dough, then the sauce, and finally piling on your toppings of choice—it's a labor of amore, that's for sure. Not only that, but it's a great cooking activity for a date night at home or bonding time with your kids.
That said, pizza-making is an art to master. There are a lot of ways you can mess up this Italian masterpiece, so make sure you avoid these top 10 mistakes.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!