Kids Favorite Butter Cookies
Makes about 8 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all ingredients well.
Use cookie press to press out cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes
Before baking the cookies, decorate using sprinkles or food dye mixed with egg whites.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Steak Strogonaff 4/5 (5 Votes)
- jello cake 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Seasoned Pretzels 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Granola Muffins 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ham and Turkey Sandwich 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Best Fruit Punch Ever 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.