Delicious breakfast sausage recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Breakfast sausage recipes
Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and spread in the bottom of a greased 9- by 13- by 2- inch casserole dish
- for greasing
- 1/2 loaf of sliced white loaf bread
- 1 pound fresh bulk pork sausage with sage
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- lightly beaten
Breakfast Pork Sausage Burritos
Better than fast food breakfast
- ½ green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 flour or wheat tortillas warm
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 pkg pork sausage (alternative turkey sausage)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 8 slices of American Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- Optional Fillings
- Fresh Spinach
BREAKFAST SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
A sure to please breakfast no matter how many join you that you set into motion the night before
- 1 pound ground pork sausage (if you like it with a zip use ground hot Italian sausage )
- 6 slices white bread
- toasted and cut into bite size cubes
- ½ pound shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (I have replaced it in a pinch with 2 teaspoons prepared mustard)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- beaten well
- 2 cups milk
Make Ahead Breakfast Sausage Casserole
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices white bread toasted and cut into cubes
- 8 ounces mild Cheddar cheese shredded
Sausage Brunch Casserole/Breakfast Casserole
Place sausage in a large skillet
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork sausage
- 1 (8oz) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt & pepper to taste