BREAKFAST SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
A sure to please breakfast no matter how many join you that you set into motion the night before.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage (if you like it with a zip use ground hot Italian sausage )
- 6 slices white bread, toasted and cut into bite size cubes
- ½ pound shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (I have replaced it in a pinch with 2 teaspoons prepared mustard)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten well
- 2 cups milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Crumble sausage and cook over medium heat till cooked through. Drain well. In a medium bowl add all the ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a well greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover and chill overnight in the refrigerator or at least 8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degree oven
Cover dish and bake 45 – 60 minutes. Uncover and reduce temperature to 325 degrees. Bake for another 30 minutes or until set and golden on top.
While this is baking in the oven YOU can enjoy that first cup of coffee and peace.