How to make meat pie with ground beef - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Meat pie with ground beef recipes
Memere's Tourtiere (Grandma's meat pie)
Brown meat, add onions and sauté till light
- 3lbs lean ground beef
- 1lb ground pork
- 1lb lean ground pork
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp ground clove
- 2tsp salt
- 3 medium onions cut up
- pepper to taste
- 6 pie crusts
Out of this world okra meat pie!
This pie surpasses any stew and it has a punch of out of your world
- 1 liver
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour (salt+pepper)
- butter pie crust unbaked (can use lard in this situation)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup liver milk (optional) replace with water
- 10 Okra sliced (handful)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1/4 cup favorite bbq sauce
- Thyme, Rosemary, or herbs of choice, pinch of nutmeg
- 1 package of ground beef (240g)
- Earlier prepared liver diced to small cubes
- 1/2 Onion, 1/2 celery diced, (optional) shredded carrot
Meat Pie Mixture
Cook beef, drain. Add remaining ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 6 oz. can carnation milk
- 1/2 cup ground cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt & pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in roasting pan
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 5 lbs ground pork
- 8 onions chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp cloves