The best tex mex ground beef recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Tex mex ground beef recipes
In a large skillet cook ground beef until no longer pink
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (14½ oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilis
- 2 cups (16 oz) cottage cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch) torn
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- crushed tortillas (optional)
- salsa (optional)
Simply Beef Enchiladas
These enchiladas are QUICK, EASY, and FLAVORFUL
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1/4 c taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 can(s) red enchilada sauce
- 2-3 c mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 can(s) diced green chiles (optional)
- 1 pkg corn or flour tortillas
Tortilla Taco Casserole
I got this recipe from a friend who got it from her friend
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- tortilla chips
By Lingonberrylane, Lydia Ln
I am a huge fan of Mexican food! I am usually way to lazy to make enchiladas so I have evolved my recipe to a layer...
- Corn tortillas
- Enchilada sauce:
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- chicken stock
- cilantro (about 1/2 a cup)
- cayenne pepper
- 1lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 small can green chilis (or rotel, whatever I have on hand)
- 1/2 a white onion
- Taco seasoning (I just use a mixture of cayenne, chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt)
- Baby Bellas
- Zucchini (or whatever vegetable you prefer corn, spinach, bell peppers)
- Black olives
- Green onion
- Sharp Cheddar
- Homemade salsa