Our favorite english meat pie recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you ready to have your mind blown?
- 1 Large bar of semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. of vanilla
- 1 Cup of flour
- 1/4 Tsp. of salt
- 1/2 Tsp. of sugar
- 1/3 Cup of cocoa powder
- 16 Ferrero Rochers
- In a bowl, combine the chocolate and butter and heat in oven for 5 minutes at 320° F (or until melted).
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, 1/2 tsp. of sugar, cocoa powder, and mix.
- Sift together the flour mixture with the chocolate mixture.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, and pour in the batter. Dot with Ferrero Rochers.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350° F.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated English meat pie recipes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 8 oz ground meat (beef or pork or vegetable stuffing)
- Tomato coulis divided
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 whole egg + 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp butter
- Herbes de Provence (especially basil)
The best no-mess way to fill a piping bag
The easiest way to fill a piping bag, without all the mess!
Memere's Tourtiere (Grandma's meat pie)
Brown meat, add onions and sauté till light
- 3lbs lean ground beef
- 1lb ground pork
- 1lb lean ground pork
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp ground clove
- 2tsp salt
- 3 medium onions cut up
- pepper to taste
- 6 pie crusts
Stress-Free New York Cheesecake
By Pascale Weeks
Making cheesecake from scratch can be stressful but not if you have the right recipe! Learn how to make this classic dessert step by step.
Out of this world okra meat pie!
This pie surpasses any stew and it has a punch of out of your world
- 1 liver
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour (salt+pepper)
- butter pie crust unbaked (can use lard in this situation)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup liver milk (optional) replace with water
- 10 Okra sliced (handful)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1/4 cup favorite bbq sauce
- Thyme, Rosemary, or herbs of choice, pinch of nutmeg
- 1 package of ground beef (240g)
- Earlier prepared liver diced to small cubes
- 1/2 Onion, 1/2 celery diced, (optional) shredded carrot
By Olga Klesch
Cornish pasties originated as portable lunches for tin miners, fishermen and farmers to take to work
- 1 Medium Potato, cut into 5 mm ( 1/4 inch) dice
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 225 Gram Blade of beef or rump steak, cut into 1cm cubes (8 oz)
- 225 Gram Plain flour (8 oz)
- 50 Gram Butter, diced (2 oz)
- 50 Gram Lard, diced (2 oz)
- Cold water, to mix
- Beaten egg or milk, to glaze
The only way to make the perfect Madeleine
By Pascale Weeks
Get the FUN and EASY recipe -->HERE<--
Put all ingredients in roasting pan
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 5 lbs ground pork
- 8 onions chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp cloves