Our best easy meat pie recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Easy meat pie recipes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 8 oz ground meat (beef or pork or vegetable stuffing)
- Tomato coulis divided
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 whole egg + 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp butter
- Herbes de Provence (especially basil)
The Best Desserts For Summer
Summertime means long hot days, balmy evenings, piles of fresh produce and of course, great food. These are the best desserts to make now!
Meat Pie Mixture
Cook beef, drain. Add remaining ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef
- cooked and drained
- 6 oz. can carnation milk
- 1/2 cup ground cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt & pepper to taste
50 International Ways To Get Your Egg Fix
Who doesn't love eggs? Nobody apparently, as we discover in this roundup of the 50 best egg recipes from around the world...
Italian Meat Pie (makes 2 pies)
FOR FILLING: Cook Italian sausage, then chop all of the meat
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (sweet)
- 1/3 lb. pepperoni
- 1/3 lb. imported ham (boiled ham)
- 16 large eggs (well-beaten)
- 1/2 lb. ricotta cheese
- salt to taste
- DOUGH FOR MEAT PIES:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 2/3 cups shortening (butter flavored)
- about 1/2 cup cold water (or a little less)
Put all ingredients in roasting pan
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 5 lbs ground pork
- 8 onions chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp cloves