Our best easy meat pie recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Top rated Easy meat pie recipes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 8 oz ground meat (beef or pork or vegetable stuffing)
- Tomato coulis divided
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 whole egg + 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp butter
- Herbes de Provence (especially basil)
The Best Desserts For Summer
Summertime means long hot days, balmy evenings, piles of fresh produce and of course, great food. These are the best desserts to make now!
Meat Pie Mixture
Cook beef, drain. Add remaining ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef
- cooked and drained
- 6 oz. can carnation milk
- 1/2 cup ground cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- salt & pepper to taste
50 International Ways To Get Your Egg Fix
Who doesn't love eggs? Nobody apparently, as we discover in this roundup of the 50 best egg recipes from around the world...
Italian Meat Pie (makes 2 pies)
FOR FILLING: Cook Italian sausage, then chop all of the meat
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (sweet)
- 1/3 lb. pepperoni
- 1/3 lb. imported ham (boiled ham)
- 16 large eggs (well-beaten)
- 1/2 lb. ricotta cheese
- salt to taste
- DOUGH FOR MEAT PIES:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 2/3 cups shortening (butter flavored)
- about 1/2 cup cold water (or a little less)
Put all ingredients in roasting pan
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 5 lbs ground pork
- 8 onions chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp cloves