- 5 lbs ground beef
- 5 lbs ground pork
- 8 onions chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp cloves
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Put all ingredients in roasting pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 hours.
Make pie crust for 8 pies. With slotted spoon put meat in pie crust and cover with top crust.
Preheat oven to 450 and cook for 20 mins, reduce heat to 350 and cook for 20 mins.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Baked Pork Chops 4.8/5 (77 Votes)
- Won Ton Soup 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Carolyn's Hungarian Cabbage Rolls 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Memere's Tourtiere (Grandma's meat... 4.1/5 (4 Votes)
- Out of this world okra meat pie! 3/5 (18 Votes)
- Meat Pie Mixture 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture