Our favorite healthy ground meat recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Healthy ground meat recipes
Stuffed Tomatoes. Discover our recipe
- - 4 large tomatoes
- - 1 lb ground beef
- - 2 small garlic clove
- - Parsley
- - 1 egg
- - breadcrumbs
- - Salt and pepper
How to make beautiful potato roses
By Pascale Weeks
This extra elegant side dish is made to impress!
Easy Bean and Pepper Chili
In large pot, brown meat in olive oil, drain liquid
- 3 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 8 assorted color bell peppers, sliced
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 large or two medium cans whole peeled plum tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- shredded cheddar cheese
The 24 burger toppings you need in your life
By Pascale & Déborah
Move over bacon, these original toppings are here to kick your burgers up a notch!
By Lingonberrylane, Lydia Ln
I am a huge fan of Mexican food! I am usually way to lazy to make enchiladas so I have evolved my recipe to a layer...
- Corn tortillas
- Enchilada sauce:
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- chicken stock
- cilantro (about 1/2 a cup)
- cayenne pepper
- 1lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 small can green chilis (or rotel, whatever I have on hand)
- 1/2 a white onion
- Taco seasoning (I just use a mixture of cayenne, chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt)
- Baby Bellas
- Zucchini (or whatever vegetable you prefer corn, spinach, bell peppers)
- Black olives
- Green onion
- Sharp Cheddar
- Homemade salsa
Classic French Ratatouille with Ground Beef
Classic French Ratatouille gets a hearty upgrade with the addition of ground beef
- 3-4 zucchini
- 2 red peppers
- 4-5 tomatoes
- eggplant (I don't like eggplant so I do not add it to my ratatouille)
- 1 small onion
- 1 lbs of ground beef
- herb de provence
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 small can tomato paste
- salt and pepper
Beef breakthrough: 20 unconventional ways to eat steak
By Pascale Weeks
STEAK and potatoes is a CLASSIC standby, but you can do so much more with the meaty base. Try our BEFFY collection now!
We reccomend serving these savory mushrooms with a light pasta or fish!
- 1 Pkg. Large Mushrooms
- 1 Pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix (store brand is also fine)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 C. Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 TSP Garlic Salt
- 1/4 C. Butter
Wild Rice and Chicken Caserrole
Wild rice, ground chicken and spinach casserole
- 1 cup Cooked Wild Rice
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 boxes (9 oz each) Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and drained completely
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 cup Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Black Pepper