Hearty meal for hungry man
- 500 g Lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 medium size carrots
- 1/2 celery stick
- 3 medium size potatoes
- worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Turn 3 medium sized potatoes into mashed potatoes - boil and mash with salt, butter and milk into more creamy mixture. Set aside.
Brown the beef on chopped up onion. Add celery and carrots chopped in little pieces. Sautee with beef until beef is done. Season to taste with salt and pepper & worcester sauce.
Pour beef & vegetable mixture in bottom of deep 9" dish. No need to butter the pan ahead, the meat still has enough grease.
Pout mashed potatoes on top of the meat & vegetables. Pat down with rubber spatula. You can make the top look nice and smooth or you can draw any designs into it. Its nice to make some ornaments as the crispy potatoes will turn golden once baked and make anything you draw stand out.
Put in preheated oven at 420 F for 20-25 min or until top is golden color.
Gave this recipe to my sister long time ago and she added a little twist - she cooks the beef in red wine. Very tasty!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!