typical food for Hungary and eastern European countries like Czech and Slovak republic
Rate this recipe 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- 250 ml Wine Sauerkraut
- 300 g beef or pork meat
- salt & pepper
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 3 tbs whip cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut up the onion and saute on low heat. Add meat and cook about 30 min.
Add paprika (off heat).
Stir well, add water and saute another 30 min.
Add Wine Sauerkraut.
Add whip cream to taste.
Serve with dumplings.
You'll also love
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.3/5 (219 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4/5 (310 Votes)
- Pork Loin Rib End Roast 3.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Crockpot ham 2.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Dunnett Style Homemade Pizza 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Bella Note Spaghetti. 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Fish with Sauerkraut 3.2/5 (46 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe