Delicious Albertan beef is used in this recipe.
- 5 lrg carrots
- 2 md onion
- 500 g beef cut up in cubes
- 3 tbs sweet paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 7 md potatoes
- 3 tbs salsa or 1.5 tbs ketchup
- 1 tsp majoran
- 1/4 tsp cumin
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 150mins
Cost Average budget
Heat up some oil in a pan. Chop one onion and simmer on low heat. Prepare meat and slowly add to the simmering onion and simmer uncovered and stir until brown on all sides.
Add cumin, pinch of salt and cover. Cook 10 min.
Take away from heat, add sweet paprika and stir well until coated dark red, but not brown! Add on heat and stir until well dissolved. Add water and cook for 1.5. adding more water if necessary.
Add ketchup, majoran, carrots & potatoes. Coom for another 20 min until potatoes and carrots are soft.
Serve with bread
You can reduce the sauce and serve with dumpling the next day!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.