Thousand Island Taco Salad
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 envelope (about 1/4 cup) dry onion mix
- or 1 taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium head of lettuce
- 1-2 tomatoes cut in wedges
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 can drained kidney beans
- 1 can drained black olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips or Nacho Doritos
- Thousand island dressing
In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Sprinkle onion mix or taco seasoning mix. Drain. In salad bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, kidney beans, black olives, and cheese. Toss well. When ready to serve add the chips and dressing.
You'll also love
- Doritos Taco Salad 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Cream of Cauliflower/Brocolli Soup 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken and Asparagus Pasta 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Swedish Meat Balls 2.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Red Beans and Rice 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Egg Salad Sandwich 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Spaghetti Casserole 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Mexican Egg Casserole 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.