Melon recipes - 7 recipes
Find an elegant melan recipe. From smoothies, salads to desserts find a melon recipe that is right for you!
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Melon recipes
Iced Melon Soup with Mint Oil and Crispy Smoked Duck BreastRecipewe ♡
Preheat oven to 350 Mix 1 and a half melon with half of the olive oil, the lemon vinegar and ten leaves of mint, p...
- 2 melons
- 1 fresh bunch of mint
- 1 scant cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon vinegar
- 1 smoked duck breast
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp tomatoes confit
- 1 pack filo sheets
- salt and pepper
Prosciutto Wrapped Melon with Bourbon Balsamic Sauce
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Whisk together the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat
- 1 large melon
- 15 pieces of prosciutto
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Melon Raspberry Fruit Salad Cocktail
By Charline , blog : A flavor capture
Cut the melon in half, remove seeds with a spoon
- * 2/3 good ripe melon and
- * 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- * 2 tablespoons Soho (lychee liqueur)
- * 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- * A dash of lime juice
- * candied ginger
- * 1 teaspoon of sugar
Diced Melon with Balsamic Vinegar
Cut the melon flesh into 6 cubes (approx
- - Approximately 8 oz of melon fresh
- red or yellow
- - Balsamic vinegar
- for garnish
Melon Sorbet with lime and rosemary
By Silvia , blog Savoirs et Saveurs
-Cut the melon into cubes (Reserving some slices or balls using a melon baller for garnish later) Place cubes in th...
- For the sorbet:
- 1 lb. melon (cantaloupe)
- 1 lime
- scant 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- For the meringue:
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
Blend all ingredients
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 nectarines
- ½ honeydew melon
Melon Citrus Salad
sweet and cool for the summer
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 clementine or small orange for juice and zest
- 2 cups cantalope
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut