Easy fondant for cake decorating.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, divided
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Place the butter in a shallow bowl, and set aside.
Place the marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on High for 30 seconds to 1 minute to start melting the marshmallows. Carefully stir the water and vanilla extract into the hot marshmallows, and stir until the mixture is smooth. Slowly beat in the confectioners' sugar, a cup at a time, until you have a sticky dough. Reserve 1 cup of powdered sugar for kneading. The dough will be very stiff.
Rub your hands thoroughly with butter, and begin kneading the sticky dough. As you knead, the dough will become workable and pliable. Turn the dough out onto a working surface dusted with confectioners' sugar and continue kneading until the fondant is smooth and no longer sticky to the touch, 5 to 10 minutes.
Form the fondant into a ball, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. To use, allow the fondant to come to room temperature, and roll it out onto a flat surface dusted with confectioners' sugar.
This is a very easy (and a little sticky at times) way to make a delicious fondant. It's great on cakes, cookies, or just for fun! Leftovers will save in a tightly sealed container for a few weeks.
You'll also love
- Leah's Tiramisu 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Microwave Baked Apples in a Bag 3.5/5 (265 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cakes 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- CHEESY OLIVE SNACKS 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Parmesan Crackers 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Peppers with feta cheese 4/5 (1 Votes)
- rice Krispies 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Rocky road brownies 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.