Chocolate Fondant Cakes
- 1.5 cups semi sweet chocolate
- 4/5 cup butter
- 8 eggs
- 1.25 cups sugar
- 1.25 cups flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350. Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
Beat eggs and sugar, mix in flour. Fold in melted chocolate slowly.
Bake for 8-12 minutes until set. Serve warm
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!