Kitchen HACK: The Fastest and Easiest Way to Clean Your Microwave
Cleaning the microwave is never fun, but it can be easy. Try this trick to get it done in the swipe of a sponge!
Most of us use our microwave a lot, so that means we should be cleaning it regularly as well. Especially after heating up something particularly messy (popcorn, anyone?) or having a little mishap after leaving something in too long, it starts to get pretty disgusting in there. And if you wait even a few minutes before wiping up each mess, the food only gets harder to remove from the tray and walls.
So how about bypassing all that time-consuming scrubbing and hassle? All you need are lemons.
Fill a bowl with water and squeeze out the juice from 2 lemons. Place the lemon water in the microwave and heat on high for 3 minutes. Let it sit inside for 5 more minutes before opening the door. Then grab a sponge and simply wipe down your microwave. All those nasty bits will come right off, just like that! No scrubbing required.
Now that you know the clean-up won't be a problem, are you ready to find out what else this handy kitchen tool is capable of? Discover 7 microwave hacks that will change your life, or get some dinner inspiration with these 40 microwave-only shortcut recipes!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!