a alternative to green been casserole
- 2 cans peas drain but keep water
- 1 1/2 c fried onions
- 1 small box Velveeta cheese cubed
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 6mins
Cost Budget Friendly
drain peas, put in microwave safe bowl add cubed cheese
microwave on med for 3 minutes add water from one can of peas, stir, add 1/2 of the onions.
microwave on med for 3 minutes again top with rest of onions heat 1 minute more.
I serve this with green bean casserole. so people can choose.
You'll also love
- Baked Cauliflower with Buffalo... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Blondies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Broccoli & Wild Rice Casserole 3.9/5 (75 Votes)
- 1-2-3 Taco Dip 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- banana cream pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Meatloaf 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Fried broccoli 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Tater tot casserole 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ready to try these quick and tasty smashed potato cakes?
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Sour cream
- Boil and drain the potatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with parsley, minced garlic, cilantro, shredded cheese and milk.
- Mash the mixture thoroughly.
- Shape into palm-sized balls, then flatten on a sheet pan
- Put in oven for 20 min at 355° F
- Layer, spreading generously with sour cream
- Garnish, and enjoy!