Kitchen HACK: How to Reheat Pizza the RIGHT Way
Even the most ardent of pizza lovers among us have to admit: we can't always finish all of our pizza. But how can you keep it just as deliciously fresh the next day?
The secret is all in how you reheat it.
Your microwave will be the easiest and most convenient way to do this, but if you're anything like the rest of us, you've probably tragically destroyed more than a few pizza slices using this method. The microwave more often than not will cause the pizza to dry out, losing much of its flavor and nearly all of its texture in the crust and edges.
So how can you avoid this?
It's actually pretty simple: just add a glass of water.
Fill up a mug or small cup about 3/4 the way full of water. Then place the cup in the microwave and set your pizza plate directly on top. During the microwaving process, the water will evaporate and moisten your pizza as it heats up.
And voila! Your pizza has that melt-in-your-mouth softness of a freshly-baked pie.
Want to discover more genius, life-saving kitchen hacks? Click here!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!