Apple turnover recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!
Top rated Apple turnover recipes
Sweet Apple Turnovers
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
roll pie crust into a 10-inch square on a lightly floured surface
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tart apples
- finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 4 tsp butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
Apple TurnoversRecipewe ♡
- 1 package of puffed pastry shells
- 1 can of Apple pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares
- Spoon apples into center of square
- Fold into a triangle shape
- seal edges with a fork
- Mix egg and water for egg wash
- Brush on turnovers before baking
- Bake on greased cookie sheet or shallow pan for 25 minutes
- ***you can sprinkle sugar on turnovers after you brush with egg wash for a sweet touch
By Janice Ellison
fresh apples wrapped in pie crust
- 6 packages of prepared pie crust
- 3 cups sliced apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white & brown sugar
- 2 table spoons cinnamin
- 2 tablespoons butter