- 1 package of puffed pastry shells
- 1 can of Apple pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares
- Spoon apples into center of square
- Fold into a triangle shape
- seal edges with a fork
- Mix egg and water for egg wash
- Brush on turnovers before baking
- Bake on greased cookie sheet or shallow pan for 25 minutes
- ***you can sprinkle sugar on turnovers after you brush with egg wash for a sweet touch
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Sweet Apple Turnovers 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Perogies 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Cookie Collection 2.3/5 (3 Votes)
- brown sugar baked ham 2.5/5 (177 Votes)
- Easy Baked Pesto Chicken 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Mama's Cranberry Sauce 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Puff Pastry and Brie 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.