Base for Banana Pudding (or Cream Type Pies)
- 1 1/2 cup milk (scalded)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbls. corn starch
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix the sugar and corn starch, then beat in the egg yolks.
Add the previous mixture to the hot milk, stirring constantly.
For Banana Pudding - alternate pudding with bananas, vanilla wafers, and top with vanilla wafers or beaten egg whites.
For Coconut Cream Pie - add 1 cup coconut and pour into prepared pie shell. Top with coconut or beaten egg whites.
For Pineapple Pudding - Add a can of crushed pineapple, 1/4 cup sugar and cook down until jelled or dried out.
Can also be used for chocolate pie.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Pickeled Eggs 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Walnut and Chestnut Honey Cake 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Bananarama Nutty Muffins 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Super Easy Banana Bread Recipe 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- Classic Broccoli Salad with Creamy... 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- Cottage cheese, banana and caramel... 3.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Pudding chomeur 4/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.