The best honey cake recipes - 2 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: honey
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Honey cake recipes
Walnut and Chestnut Honey Cake
By flo et mimolette
Preheat oven to 350 °. In a food processor, chop the walnuts into a fine powder
- 3 eggs
- generous 1/3 cup of sugar (brown sugar)
- 2-3 oz of walnuts
- 2 1/2 tbs chestnut honey
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of flour
7 reasons why you should eat honey every single day
By Déborah Deprez
Sure it's sticky, sweet and good, but the benefits of honey go beyond the surface!
By Olga Klesch
The Greeks were very fond of honey and believed that they would have a longer, healthier life if they ate it; the R...
- 225 ml Clear honey (8 fl oz) + 3 tbsp
- 75 Gram Butter (3 oz)
- 350 Gram Plain flour (12 oz)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground mixed spice
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 50 Gram Glacé cherries, halved (2 oz)
- 50 Gram Chopped mixed peel (2 oz)
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Large Lemon, zest only
- 25 Gram Flaked almonds (1 oz)