Steamed Butterflied Shrimp with Minced Garlic
- 1)14 oz (400g) whole Gulf Shrimp, or any other high-quality variety
- 2)4 – 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3)1-inch ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4)1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 5)1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 6)2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 7)½ teaspoon salt
- 8)2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan over medium-low heat. Add the minced garlic; stir and mix until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Transfer the garlic and oil mixture to a bowl.
With a pair of scissors, cut open the back of the shell of each shrimp. To butterfly the shrimp, use a paring knife to cut almost through the flesh (but not all the way) so the shrimp can lay flat in the shell. Remove the vein. Marinate the butterflied shrimp with the Shaoxing wine, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon of salt for 15 minutes.
Arrange the shrimp flat and open, cut side up, on two plates that fit into a two-tier steamer. Distribute the garlic and oil mixture evenly over the shrimp, and scatter the ginger matchsticks on top. Steam the shrimp until they are just cooked, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
Place the cooked shrimp beautifully on a serving plate. Mix the remaining soy sauce with the cooking liquid collected during steaming and drizzle on top of the shrimp. Garnish with the scallion and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Chili Garlic Lime Shrimp 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Tiramisu with Smoked Salmon 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Shrimp flambéed with whiskey 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Shrimp and Spinach Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- MABO DON 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Spanish Meatloaf 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Chinese Noodle Stir Fry 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushroom Recipe - Joe's... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you curious to find out what the best way to chop a garlic clove is? We show you the easiest and most efficient way to chop garlic cloves like a chef!